Sunday, March 13, 2011

Show Me Sunday

This week at Frosted Designs I'm showing you how to make an old book into a new treasure.

The saying on the blue love heart is.....

You three kids are writing the pages and filling the chapters to complete the story of our 
lives.... Love Mum and Dad March 2011

Hope you enjoy

I went down to our second hand store and went hunting for a old hard cover book. After blowing the dust off this one I thought perfect, i'll give this brown old book some new life, so home it came with me.Firstly buy a big container of glue (Mod Podge works great) but anything you can use smoothly with a paint brush is just fine



                  
      Firstly buy a big container of glue (Mod Podge works great) but anything you can use smoothly with a paint brush is just fine



    
                              I had a 520 page book so I glued about 435 of those pages (This is ALOT easier then it sounds) then divided the last 85 pages into 2 sections and then glued those 2 sections together

    
Now this is where the fun begins. Cut a section out of the glued pages to fit the photo




                                        
Once this is done, cover the front and back of the book with you favorite paper, leaving the spine. I added a heap of assorted colors of ribbon to the spine


       

It is up to you if you want to cover the book first or paint the pages, I did a bit of testing to see if my colors would match, but I covered the book first, this is up to you which bit you want to do first.



The best way to do your painting is paint a page and let it dry then do the next page, you will have 5 pages in total to paint



                                   I covered the inside with a patterned paper

                                   Add lots of embellishments and bling



Lastly add your photo's in the cut out section

Amanda x

1 comment:

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Wow Amanda, that is amazing. What a lot of work went into it. Turned out great!